Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sole Survivor

I opened my eyes, can't recall how much time has gone passed, and barely had an idea about where am I, and how I got here. In an apartment room which is alien to me, a calender hanging on the wall, it says December 2012. Everything was dusty. The room is dark, there are no windows, with the only source of light, being some stray sunlight finding its way in from an air channel the size of a football. At least I know it is day. My sixth sense tells me to get the hell out of wherever I am right now. The doorknob is rusty. I struggled to open the door. But when I did, I nearly got choked with the amount of sawdust emitted from the doorframe. It must have been years since this door was opened.

The hallway is empty, the elevator got stuck in between two floors with the doors half-opened. I make my way down using the stairs. The receptionist area is empty. Spider webs covered the area. I pick up the phone. There are no line coverage whatsoever. I walk out to the streets, everything from buildings and pavements, to cars and lamp-posts, are covered with 'greeneries'. Creeping plants creep their way up to the top of the lamp-posts, and ferns grow out from the cracks of the buildings. I turned and looked down the other side of the street. It's the same. I found out.............................................. THAT I'M ALL ALONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment