Monday, July 20, 2009

The Dead Crow

Okay... First of all this title reminds me of a poem I studied way back when I was in Form 1 as part of the English Literature, but of course this post isn't about that 'old-man-gasping-for-air' poem by A. Samad Said.

Yesterday afternoon, while I was on the way driving to BBK Jusco, along the main road somewhere in front of the abandoned shopping complex project, I see two crows... Okay whats so special about seeing two crows in a town which is so 'saturated' with it? Well, of course there's something that caught my eye. The two crows are standing in the middle of the road, in front of a pile of 'something', which at first I thought would be rubbish or dead animals that mean food to crows.

When I drove past them, I found out that the pile of 'something' is actually a dead crow. Surely a victim of a roadkill. Why would a crow, who could actually fly, chooses to walk across the road and fell victim to a car? I don't know.

The main point is, the two crows seem to be mourning the death of the dead crow. When my car is apporaching them, the two crows flew to the side of the road momentarily, after I drove past them, I looked into my rear-view mirror and see them coming to the side of the dead crow again. It might be their friend, their sibling, their partner... Now who says animals whom we hate so much like crows doesn't have feelings?

Note: In an unrelated story to my post above, I don't know whether is it because I drive here and there a lot, but I noticed that recently there are too many roadkills. Almost everyday, somewhere along my journey to whatever places that I'm going, I see corpses of animals like cats, dogs, even birds on the roads. And my gosh most of them looked scary, you can see their....... okay I don't wanna describe. Maybe its because I used to be the passenger in my dad's car before I took my driving license last year, and as a passenger we seldom pay attention to what's on the road, we tend to be more interested in the 'sceneries' along our trip instead, hence I never notice that many roadkills. So it's just my opinion that there are more roadkills nowadays compared to few years back. Or is it really on the up? If yes, is it because animals nowadays are more stupid that they don't know when to cross the road? Or because humans nowadays are more stupid they always drive so fast that they can't avoid killing animals crossing the roads? Don't mean to offend anyone here, but please lar... Don't drive so fast lah... Avoid killing animals mar... Most important avoid killing own life lor...

No comments:

Post a Comment