Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rave 2 Save

Phew... Last 2 days were ridiculously busy for me... All for my PR event Rave 2 Save. On Friday right after we finish our semester final exams, we PR class students started our preparations for the event. Goodie bags preparations, stage set up preparations, performance rehearsals... From 12pm all the way until 12am. Gosh I've never been in college for more than 12 hours! This is the first time.

Then the next day, its event day. I reached college at 8am, and continued working for the backdrop on the stage. Throughout the day, I helped carried mineral waters, bazaar goods, helped selling tickets and even did some knocking in front of the auditorium (to hang up the words 'KDU Auditorium', but failed to do so in the end because of 'various reasons'). Even after the event was done and dusted, our work is still not done yet. The expensive backdrop that took us so long to assemble it was destroyed in just a few minutes. Lolz! And also I helped clean up the final bits like throwing garbage bags... Ooops I sound like a cleaner. xD. But seriously I'm exhausted after the busy day.

But overall, the event was a successful one. Everyone did their parts brilliantly. The band performances were great. The car show was also great. What's best is that this whole event is for charity!

No doubts about it since the first day the event was planned, there were conflicts and a bit of arguments, at times even seem chaotic, nevertheless it is still a good experience. This is my first time being involved in organizing such a big event. I've learned that organizing an event is not easy job, and it's super TIRING. This event has also given me the chance to talk to and work with classmates whom I previously never even spoken to before.

At the end of the day, we were told that 75% of us got an A for this PR subject. Hopefully I'm one of the 75%. Haha. But still it's everybody's effort to make this event a good one, and so I have to thank everyone. I'm relieved that after this event, I have a 3-week semester break! Woohoo..

Before I go, just some pictures from Rave 2 Save event day. Unfortunately I didn't take photos for the performances, the below pictures are all from the car show. Those cars on show were cool. And there's even a car with NOS! Yes... you got it right! Nitrous Oxide System! OMG.








(A Kenari with Benz sign... xD)





(Checkout the center panel... Wait... There's no center panel! Just a gear sticking out between the two seats! Handbrakes? What handbrakes? lol)









(The car of the day with NOS.)

No comments:

Post a Comment