Saturday, May 29, 2010

Biography of a Footballer (fictional)

hi
my name is simao jenson
i'm a footballer
currently a free agent
unattached to any club

i'm a striker
my job
is to score goals

in 2007
i signed for real madrid
my coach is joss moreno
i find him a very easy going person
working with him is easy
shared jokes on the training ground
just like great friends

moreno plays with only one striker
and when i signed for the club
wayne ronny has already established himself
as moreno's top striker
i'm his substitute
and i'm satisfied with it

i consider ronny as a pal
he is 3 years younger than me
i knew him when we played together at newcastle united

although i'm satisfied with my position initially
after some time
i realized that i have the urge to play
but since ronny is already established and he's a friend of mine
i decided to patiently wait for my chance
there are times when ronny had some bad patches
he lost his form and aren't scoring goals
moreno consulted me
i had mixed feelings
i wanted to have a chance to play
but in the end
i convinced moreno to give ronny some oppotunities to prove himself
as i'm confident in ronny's ability

then one day in early 2009
moreno finally ran out of patience with ronny's constant poor performances
moreno sold ronny to another club
i thought
its my chance to prove myself to the coach
i was so eager to impress my coach
that in one match
i made a very bad tackle
and referee decided to give me a red card
moreno was not impressed by my actions
so
he decided to promote kelvin benjema
a younger player from the youth team
to be ronny's replacement

i talked to moreno
and told him that i should be given more time to prove myself on the pitch
he gave me a warning that i should discipline myself

meanwhile
benjema did not perform well
and was dropped by moreno after just a few games
this time around
moreno chooses michael nevo
another young player from the youth team
to be his striker

i felt disillusioned
i complained to the media again and again
this time moreno was angered
he sent me to the reserves team
and told me not to complain anymore
or else my contract will be terminated
and i will be released from the club

like benjema
nevo did not play well
so moreno decided to drop him
now
i no longer wished to be the first choice striker
but i hoped to at least be returning to the first team

then
out of nowhere
moreno decided to sign jack wilson
an experienced striker of the same age with me
that shocked me so much
because i never thought that moreno would sign him

after several more months in the reserves
i lauched another attack on moreno
by criticizing him over and over again
for not giving me a chance time after time

by the end of 2009
my contract was terminated
i permanently left real madrid
and due to the experience i had at the club
i lost my passion for football
i do not plan to return to playing football for a period
even if there are coaches that wanted to sign me
hence i'm still unattached to any football club up till today
instead i share my experiences on my blog
and my biography







*if you thought i finally came out with a post which is not about you
sorry to frustrate you again
because
this is still about you
and all the things that had happened
just that i used a football story
to bring them out
all characters are fictional
their names edited from actual footballers
i'm like simao jenson the footballer
you're like joss moreno the coach
and your boyfriendsssss: wayne ronny, kelvin benjema, michael nevo, and jack wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment