Sunday, August 2, 2009

For the first time ever...

For the first time ever...

~I read a Chinese ghost story book.
I love ghost and horror stories, read several of them. One of the horror series that I read most is "True Singapore Ghost Stories". But today, when I went to Popular at Bukit Tinggi Jusco, I randomly select a Chinese Ghost storybook and tell myself: Hey! Let's give it a try. I sat down on the floor, and opened the book. Gosh the words go from up to down (vertically), and the lines go from right to left... This brings me to my second 'first'...

~I read a Chinese book with such word arrangements.
Those familiar with me would probably know that I hate, or should I say, simply don't know how to read a book printed that way. English books for sure wouldn't have this word arrangements, but even those Chinese books that I've read in my life are printed in my so called 'normal' way. It just feels weird for me to have my eyes read in a different way.

~I read a Chinese storybook this year!
Yup... Ever since I went into college, I kinda break my ties with Chinese books. I did read a few Chinese books this year, like those "How to chase a girl", "Laws of attraction", "How to make myself look good", "Mars vs Venus" kind of Chinese books (Okay I admit that... but I just read it in the stores, I won't buy it!). But this is the first time this year that I read a Chinese storybook/novel. Luckily I still don't have any difficulties reading Chinese! Lolz.

Hmm... Despite all these 'firsts', I still yet to buy my first book this year. I spend a lot of time reading books in bookstores, but I haven't spend a single cent on any books this year. Bookstores are my library. Ooops... Well, perhaps that's my way of reading, and that is without paying. By the way, it's a nice book. I read one of the short stories in it, quite scary and suspenceful, suit my taste ^^. But then... I have no idea about the title of this book! O_O

When will I buy a book and bring home and really read it? Erm... I'm thinking about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment