Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Losing streak (me in minesweepers) vs. Winning streak (Usain Bolt in 100m)

First of all, this post is a response to my cousin's post on his blog. Yeah! YOU!!!

Lolz! I've always considered myself a pro in Minesweeper @ MSN Games. Winning 3 rounds out of 3 against anyone is just kinda normal to me, just like Usain Bolt winning the 100meters athletics event.

Until recently... I've started to lose my advantage. I don't know why. Hehe. Maybe is bad luck? Or I used to have good luck? No no no... I've won so many times before, it couldn't be luck.

So conclusion is: I had bad luck in the game recently. xD

On the other hand, I talked about Usain Bolt just now. And yeah! He has won the 100meters again yesterday! Also, he broke his own world record set exactly a year ago in the Olympics! He slashed his old record by 0.11s to bring it to 9.58s. How fast exactly is 9.58seconds?

Well, in the time it took me to finish typing this sentence, he would have launched from his block, accelerated, and are now 100meters away from his starting point.

Usain Bolt has became one of my favourite sporting idols. Why? Not just because he is the fastest sprinter around, but also because he has a built which doesn't look like a sprinter! He is lanky (195cm), and not as athletic and muscular as fellow sprinters like Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell. Traditionally, 100meters world champions are not taller than 6 feet/183cm, and are usually very muscular. Such a built ensures top acceleration. When you have long legs, common sense tells you that it takes longer for you to move it doesn't it? Just think of 2 simple pendulums, one with a shorter string and one with a longer string, which 1 will swing faster when you release it from a same point? It might be a disadvantage to Bolt for having long legs, but it could also turn out to be an advantage because if he could take his strides at the same speed as his competitors, then his larger steps with his long legs would meant an advantage to him. And that's exactly what he did!

Sportsmen like Usain Bolt inspires me that lanky people could still use their long legs to their advantage! ^^

The lesson of the day is: When you don't have something which others have, you can work and exploit what you have and use it to the max! If you are not gifted with something others have, then surely you are gifted with something which others don't have! :)

OMG!!! Do I sound like a motivational speaker or what??? Oh well...


Clear-cut winner.



Asafa Powell, Tyson Gay, Usain Bolt.


Bolt Trademark.

No comments:

Post a Comment