Sunday, September 6, 2009

Run for fun

Phew... just came back from a 6km run this morning. Organized by Klang Centro and New Balance, this is my first run (well, don't consider this as marathon, lol) this year.

No registration, no categories, and don't even have a running number, this run is open to all and just for fun. Haha. Oh! And of course, no prize money whatsoever. Already say no registration lor... where will have prize ler? xD

The run starts from Klang Centro, along the way going past Hokkien Association, Kong Hoe School, Bukit Kuda, a glimpse of the dirty Klang River, Connaught Bridge road, Batu Tiga road and back to where it all started.

I kept pace with my dad all the way until Bukit Kuda, which is almost half the race distance, then I started to drop off... One year plus never run any marathon ler... Stamina sure 'cha' a bit lar... Hehe.

Anyhow, I managed to run the distance with the time of 40 minutes sharp. Dad finished 2 minutes earlier. OMG! I can't believe I was exhausted after the run!!! Zzz...

But the good thing is, after the run, breakfast was provided. At 'Teh Tarik Place' inside the complex. And yeah! Typical Malaysian breakfast with Nasi Lemak and Teh Tarik. Never been there before, kinda nice place to sit down chit-chat and 'yumcha' actually. Franchised-style mamak, place nice, environment nice, food nice, price also 'nice' (compared to outside mamak lar). xD

As this run is just for fun, seems like only around 100-150 people turned up. Can be said as marathon of its smallest kind. I took part today to have an idea of what the 'real deal' would be. The 'real deal' I mean here is on 11th October, there's a run also organized by Centro. The same route, the same distance, but this time with proper registration, a racer number, and prize money (haiyo, of course I not going for it lar).

So today, I've set the bar (err... not really high). Hopefully, and quite surely, on that day, I can beat my time today!

Time to beat: 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment