Sunday, October 25, 2009

Big game player?

It's 2:30am and I'm blogging here. Just finished watching 3 football matches in a row. Phew! It's been a while since I did that.

This morning, or should I say yesterday morning (Saturday morning), I went to play football at Acmar field. Planned to go Kwang Hua but the guard won't even let current students in, let alone former students. Heard that the principal don't want too much of co-curiculum for his students wor... -_-"

This is the first time in almost 2 months that I've played football on a real field. Since that day I said wanna take a break from football, I've only played futsal, and once in a while played 'mini-football' on the basketball court opposite my house. Really long time don't have that 'grassy' feeling under my legs already. lol

One thing, the condition of the Acmar field sucks! The side of the field near to the Acmar Kindergarden is okay, but the other side nearer to the road is almost not a football field. Aiks. I surveyed that part before the game and I knew I won't step onto that side of the pitch.

For the first half, we attacked towards the better side of the field. So yeah! I've only attacked and never defend at all for the first half. Our opponents, from what I heard, are one of the best set of players in Form 4 this year. We led 5-0 after the first half... Not quite sure of that, maybe they just had an off day, or maybe they are attacking on the bad side of the field. But really, we exploited some of their weaknesses.

I didn't play the second half, coz its kinda hot already, and I started to feel a bit of 'lagness'. Long time no play football, sure will lag a bit lar, get tired fast. So it's their turn to attack on the good side of the field while we get the opposite. The game ended 9-2...

Okay, pro people won't get so many goals in football matches but that's what we are, always lots of goals.

I scored a goal! A fluke goal by the way, but it's still a goal! I wanted to cross the ball. None of my teammates gets to it. I heard their defenders told their goalie to let go of the ball for a goal kick. So everyone just stood there and look at the ball. But wait... It didn't go out. It went in! Goal!!! I don't how to react at first. Kinda don't believe that their goalkeeper just let my poor cross went into the goal.

Haha! Once again I scored in a big match. Hmm... I not sure lar, but I find my record in big matches (where there are 2 teams playing a 'competitive' match with first half and second half) pretty good. When I just play in those 'cincai-cincai' matches, I don't always score goals. But when it comes to big matches, I will play better, sometimes even score goals! Maybe it's the motivation, but surely there's quite a lot of luck in there too. xD

Then again, I played significantly less football these days. Those 'cincai-cincai' matches doesn't appeal me anymore. Not 'hang price', just lazy to play. I will only play in those odd 'big' matches that occur once in a while. Looking forward to challenge today's opponents again.

Hehe... I've changed from that regular football player, to the occasional football player. No longer a football fanatic or football crazy. That's my image to some over the past few years. Haiz... Just looking to shred of that tag. I am not a football crazy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment