Monday, October 19, 2009

My Kwang Hua Journey (Part 2)

Its time to rewind again. My high school memories. Coming next in my personal best memories, it has got to be FOOTBALL!!!

4th: GOOOAAALLL!!!

The year was 2005, when I was in form3, we held a football tournament between classes, and my class happens to be the organizer for that year's event.

It was my class' first match, I'm playing on the left-wing, kind of forgotten what happened, but I know it was chaotic in front of our opponent's goal, so many players in there, I was there, and I saw my team-mate had a shot, and I saw their goalkeeper punched the ball away, away to where??? Towards me!!! The goal was just around 2 meters away from me, without second thoughts, more like a reflex action, I put out my left leg, kicked the ball, and it went into the net... well, no nets, just a goal-frame. Its the first goal of the match.

It turns out to be our last as well. We went on and lose the match 2-1. But we went on and on in the tournament, all the way until the final, and we got beaten in the final. And me, I got a runner-up's trophy. Here's the picture of the trophy...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Err... No need lar... Just a small piece of silver-coloured plastic trophy anyway.

Why is the goal so memorable for me? Well... I've played football since primary 6, I scored goals too. But up until then, I have never participated in competitions of any form. Yeah alright, this is just a very small form3 inter-class competition. Nevertheless, its still my first competition! Furthermore, I scored the first goal in my first ever competitive match! Woohoo. ^^

Coming soon: My 3rd favourite moment of my high school life.

No comments:

Post a Comment